Meg Giske is an Associate at the firm. Meg is an experienced trial attorney who focuses her practice on all types of family law matters, including divorce, child custody and support, parentage, parenting plan modifications, and domestic violence protection orders. Meg also has significant experience representing parents and children in dependency and guardianship proceedings, as well as defending clients in circumstances where there are allegations of child abuse or neglect or in which Child Protective Services (CPS) is involved.
Prior to joining Skellenger Bender, Meg practiced as a public defense attorney for over 11 years. As a public defender, Meg spent 3 years as a criminal defense attorney and spent over 8 years working exclusively in the family defense unit representing parents and children in dependency, guardianship, and termination of parental rights proceedings. Meg has extensive experience in complex litigation, mediations, settlement conferences, trials, and motions practice.
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association (inactive)
Seattle University School of Law – Juris Doctor cum laude, 2010
Seattle Pacific University – Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude, 2007
Lead article editor, Seattle University Law Review
Dean’s List, Seattle University School of Law
Seattle University Justice in the Community Award Winner
CALI Award for Excellence in Family Dissolution
Seattle University School of Law Public Interest Law Foundation Grant Awardee
- The Intersection of Family Defense and Criminal Practice, August 2021
- Service of Process in Dependency and Termination, August 2020
- Quality Representation of Youth in Dependencies, March 2016
- Co-author, Determining a Criminal Defendant’s Competency to Proceed With an Extradition Hearing, Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law Online, Vol. 43, No. 2, 201-208 (2015)
Skellenger Bender, P.S.
520 Pike Street, Suite 1001
Seattle, WA 98101