The Estate Planning and Probate practice group at Skellenger Bender understands that creating your estate plan, serving as a trustee of a trust, or serving as a personal representative of an estate can be a stressful experience. Our team of knowledgeable and experienced professionals work to creatively and efficiently address your legal needs.
Our team is skilled in drafting:
Personal Estate Planning Documents
- Health Care Directives
- Durable Powers of Attorney for both Financial and Health Care Decisions
- Declarations Regarding Remains
Property Transfer Documents
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Quit Claim Deeds
Tax Planning Documents
- Credit Shelter Trusts
- Personal Residence Trusts
We work with clients to document their wishes for the disposition of their estate, health care decisions, select appropriate decision makers, implement their wishes for the transfer of their property, and use lifetime gifting and estate planning tools as appropriate and allowed by law to minimize the tax burdens on their families. We understand that each planning decision should balance the benefit of legitimate potential tax savings against the client’s need for financial security, simplicity, and cost-efficiency during his or her own lifetime.
Probate is the legal process for settling a decedent’s estate which includes transferring property to pay debts and distributing property to heirs and beneficiaries. Our experienced and compassionate professionals work to ensure that estates are properly and efficiently administered.
Our team is skilled in:
- Explaining the probate process in Washington State.
- Preparing any necessary documents.
- Opening your probate in court, obtaining necessary court documents, and tracking all important deadlines.
- Providing all required notices to heirs and beneficiaries.
- Coordinating or handling communication between third parties such as creditors, certified accountants, trustees, real estate agents, appraisers, and others.