Raegen N. Rasnic is a Shareholder of the firm.
She focuses her
practice on family law, adoption and assisted reproduction, and the
defense of medical and mental health professionals in licensing and
disciplinary proceedings. She is admitted to practice in the federal
and state courts of Washington.
Raegen is a Fellow and past Trustee of the American Academy of
Adoption Attorneys and the American Academy of Assisted Reproductive
Technology Attorneys. She teaches Adoption
Law as an Adjunct Professor at Seattle University School of Law.
Raegen is an active member of Legal Voice (formerly the Northwest
Women’s Law Center), and has served on its Legal Committee since
1998. Raegen joined the Board of Trustees of the King County Bar
Association in July 2016 and is past chair of KCBA’s Judicial
Candidate Evaluation Committee and its Joint Bench-Bar Judicial
- Assisted Reproductive Technology Law in Washington: In a Nutshell, Seattle Tacoma Area Reproductive Society (May 2015) (with Rita L. Bender).
- De Facto Parentage Claims, Northwest Justice Project Family Law Task Force (May 2015).
- Parenting Plans: Complex Issues (Co-Chair), King County Bar Association (March 2015, September 2013, May 2012).
- It Isn’t Over ‘Til It’s Over: How to Get Your Final Orders Entered After Settlement, Family Law Hot Topics, King County Bar Association (October 2013) (with Jerry Kimball).
- Assisted Reproductive Technology in Washington State: What Adoption Practitioners Need to Know, Washington State Bar Association (October 2013).
- The Indian Child Welfare Act and Assisted Reproductive Technology, American Bar Association Section of Family Law, 2013 Spring CLE Conference (April 2013).
- We Are Family: LGBT Family Formation in Washington, Gonzaga University School of Law (November 2011).
- Parenting Plans, King County Bar Association (April 2011).
- Law and Liberty: Reproductive Freedom, American Civil Liberties Union of Washington (June 2010).
- Domestic Partnership Update for Family Law Practitioners, Washington State Bar Association (August 2009) (with Janet M. Helson).
- Adoption Practice & Pitfalls, WSBA Family Law Section Midyear Conference (June 2009) (with Mark M. Demaray).
- The Changing Legal Landscape for Same-Sex Couples, American Academy of Adoption Attorneys Annual Conference, Portland, OR (May 2009).
- Legal Issues of Embryo Donation, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Organization, Washington Statewide Conference (April 2009).
- Establishing Parentage in Assisted Reproduction, American Academy of Adoption Attorneys Midyear, Chicago, IL (October 2008).
- Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Case Law Update, American Academy of Adoption Attorneys Annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC (May 2006).
- Maintaining a Healthy Professional Practice: Preventative Measures to Keep Your Livelihood out of Urgent Care, Washington State Psychological Association Fall Convention (October 2005) (with Peter A. Offenbecher).
Areas of Practice
- B.A., Law & Society, Oberlin College, 1990.
- J.D., University of California Hastings College of the Law, 1995.
- Production Editor, Hastings Women’s Law Journal, 1994-1995.
- Legal Extern, Hon. Joan S. Brennan, United States District Court, Northern District of California, 1994-95.